Sunday, August 29, 2010

Podcasts, what's on my list.

I admit it, I am a podcast junkie. There are a number of podcasts that I subscribe to that listening to are a part of my weekly routine. So what are they? Here is my list of fitness related podcasts....

Marathon Training Academy - This is a recent addition to my play list. They offer up some good advice and Angie has real experience running marathons. At the same time, they are regular people and easy to relate to.

Two Gomers Run a Marathon - Funny stuff here. It started with Two Gomers Run a Half Marathon. This is about two regular guys who decide to start running. Lots of funny stories and they really don't know much about running. This is just entertaining stuff that is easy to relate to.

The Fredcast - This is a biking podcast (a Fred is a guy with all the high tech biking equipment). Very informative, follows the major bike races and has introduced me to new products over the years.

Everyday Cyclist - This podcast is very performance focused. Lots of training tips and also DVDs that you can buy with biking specific exercises and plans. This was one of my original podcasts and I am also a member of Graeme's Cycle-Core website. Lots of good info, likely too much.

Biggest Loser Cast - Ha Ha, this one is mine so of course I LOVE it. My wife Jackie and I host this weekly podcast about the NBC show The Biggest Loser. Lots of fun to make and we have a substantial listener base that must like it as well!

Well those are the top ones. As an aside I did a little running this morning. Yeah thats right, 10K. I was initially only going to run 5K but I felt good so I did another couple loops (2.5k loops). I finished the 10k in 1:05:53 for a PB. The interesting thing about it is that it was all road running rather than track where I had done my only other 10k. At the end of each loop is a substantial hill so I beat my PB and did so on a tougher course. Woooo Hoooo.

Thats all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment