Friday, August 13, 2010

Pre Race Jitters

Well the time has flown by and now I only have two days remaining until my Duathon on Sunday. I guess there is nothing I can do at this point to improve my chances of a good result. All of the experts say that I should be tapering my training this week to be "fresh" for the race. I ran some intervals on Wednesday (2 minutes at 7.5mph and 1 minute at 3.7) for 30 minutes. On Thursday I did a 20k ride on the bike at a quick pace. Now it is Friday and it is taking everything I have not to work out in some way!!

The weather for Sunday is suppose to be hot and wet. It is currently forecasted for 60% rain. YUCK. When it is raining outside I train inside so running and riding in the rain will be a first for me. Note to self - I need to prepare for things prior to 2 days before the race.

I lost some more weight this week as well. I tend to have a couple weeks of no movement and then bang, a 3 lbs loss. That is what happened this week. I can probably expect a flatline for a couple weeks now. I am 1 lbs away from my original goal. I never thought I would get to this point so when I set the goal it was somewhat of an arbitrary dream. When I lose the last pound I will reset my goal for another 10-15 lbs. That will be the FINAL SUSTAINABLE WEIGHT!!!!

Oh well, thats all for now. Think good things on Sunday morning for me. I will post results!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment