Sunday, August 15, 2010

Post Race Report - I did it!!!!

Well I did it, the race is complete! They day started very cloudy and wet so it was a nervous start. I got to the event a couple hours early and found a spot for my bike in the transition zone. It was about that time that it really began to rain hard. Other participants were talking about the event being cancelled which would have been a real bummer. About 15 minutes before the scheduled start of the race the rain stopped, although it stayed cloudy. The cloud cover was a good thing as it kept the day a little cooler. The following two pictures are of me in the transistion zone and just prior to the start of the race.


The race began with a 2.5km run. I felt good after the run as I headed to the transistion zone to get on the bike. The bike was testy as the roads were still wet and slippery. I managed to pass a number of other competitors!! The bike is my strongest event in the Duathon. I dreaded the thought of the final 5km run at the end of the bike.

Exiting to Transition Zone
 

There were alot of supportive people cheering alongside the road, it was really motivating. I had lots of family there as well cheering me on! My daughter ran the last 200m with me which was really nice. They also made some signs for me to cheer me on! I finished the race in 1 hour 27 minutes and 13 seconds. My goal was to be under 1.5 hours so I was very pleased. I just finished a Duathon, can you beleive it?


Me and my daughter Brittany!

No comments:

Post a Comment