Saturday, August 21, 2010

Goal Reached - Another Set

I mentioned previously that I have been using an iPhone application called Lose It. It helps me track my calories eaten and exercise, working on the theory that if I keep my net calories below a certin level I will continue to lose weight. When I began many months ago I had to set a goal. I picked 190 lbs. At the time I really never thought I would get there. It seemed to be a stretch goal for me as I have not been below 200 lbs since high school. Well, things went well and after alot of hard work I did make it to 190 lbs. I can certainly lose some more weight so I decided to reset my goal in the program. I added another 15 lbs which makes my goal 175lbs. I think it will be much harder to lose the final 15 lbs but I like a good challenge!

I also signed up for my next Duathon! I may be addicted, time will tell. The next one is in Ottawa on September 19th. A couple of differences with this one 1) it is longer (3k run, 24k bike, 5k run) and 2) my daughter was inspired by my last race so she has signed up for the sprint triathlon!! It will be fun to be at the same event as her and we have gotten to do some training together as well.

I spent some time looking at some new bikes this past week as well. My current bike is kind of an entry level one, but good quality. I would like to upgrade to a carbon fiber bike (much lighter and higher quality) but they were more expensive than I would have thought. It is parked on the wish list for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment