Sunday, August 8, 2010

Vacation Work Outs

So I am on vacation this week in Orlando with my family. Each child also brought a friend along with us so in total we travelled with 6 in all. The plan was to spend most of the vacation at Universal Studios. We had been in Orlando previously but the kids were younger so we had spent most of our time at Disney, this time would be different.

The struggle for me was how I was going to get my workouts in while on the road. I knew that biking would be out but I had hoped to get some running in. Remember that I have less than a week remaining before my Duathalon. We were up early every day so far but I did manage to run around the resort on one morning and I also did a 5k at the fitness center another morning. It was so humid outside, even early in the morning when I ran.

I did get a chance to get some new running gear at the outlets. I picked up some new running shoes (Asics) and also a pair of running shorts and a moisture wicking t-shirt from the Nike store. I am looking forward to using the new shoes but I will use the old ones for my race this upcoming weekend as I don't want to break-in a new pair of shoes on race day.

As far as weight loss goes, well, it is VACATION. I will get back on the scale when we get home on Wednesday morning, but it won't be pretty!

No comments:

Post a Comment