Monday, September 6, 2010

The End of Summer

When Labor Day rolls around it always feels like the end of summer. The kids go back to school and the hectic schedule begins. Cheerleading, football, piano, guitar lessons, are just a few of the activities that kick into high gear. As well, the fall is a very busy time at work with the annual planning process in full bloom. Yet another long year awaits.

I kept up with my exercise this past week. In fact, I ran a personal best 5k of 28:41 in the heat earlier in the week. That was a good day! I stetched my bike rides out to 25k each this week as well. The upcoming Duathon on September 19th requires a 24k bike segment so I wanted to get a little better prepared for that.

Yesterday was my wedding anniversary as well! We went out for a dinner which was nice as we often don't find the time to do things together. It has been 18 years! In fact, right now, 18 years ago we were on our honeymoon on a cruise ship in the Caribbean!

Oh, one other thing of note this week, we are trying to setup a Conference for all of the LoseIt participants. I spoke of that tool earlier as a weight loss assistant. It will be really neat if we can pull it off as it would be fun to meet all of these inspiring people that post frequently. I will keep you posted on the progress of the conference.

No comments:

Post a Comment