Sunday, September 12, 2010

Football Season

Today is the beginning of the NFL season once again. I have always been a big football fan but the team I follow usually disappoints. Actually, they always disappoint. You see, I am a Cleveland Browns fan. They likely have support groups for Browns fans, I haven't bothered to look. I am watching them play right now and they are winning in the fourth quarter. This is usually the time when at all comes falling down. Hopefully I am wrong today.

I made a conscious decision to not work out at all today. I think I might be over training a touch. I can't believe I only have one week remaining until my next Duathon on Sunday the 19th. My plan is to pick up my training on Monday but then stop on Wednesday or Thursday and rest up for the race. I don't have any lofty expectations for this upcoming race, just finishing will be an accomplishment. If you would have told me I would compete in THREE Duathons in 2010 I would have thought you were off your rocker. It is surprising how far I have come in a reasonably short period of time.

I began to do some thinking about what my next goal will be, likely a 2011 goal as the cold weather is arriving. How do I surpass the year I have had? Any suggestions are welcome!!!!

Oh, I can't forget to mention to mention that I had a new personal best on my 5k this week. I ran a 27:40.

No comments:

Post a Comment