Sunday, September 19, 2010

Long week capped off by Long Duathon

Well it was a long week for me. Lots going on at work, keeping me super busy. Also continuing to work on the Lose it! convention, which has been a lot of fun. But the big news, I completed my third Duathon of the year. I went to Ottawa (about an hour from my house) and did a 3k run - 26k bike - 5k run. As an added bonus my daughter competed at the same event and did her first triathlon!!! Here is our before picture.....
I was very nervous about this particular race as it was the longest I had participated in to date. But, I DID IT. It felt amazing! I didn't walk at all during this race which was a first for me. As well, I actually passed people during the final 5k run, yippeeee! Here are a couple more pictures, one run and one bike.



And the final picture of me and my daughter after the race with our medals. I was so proud of her as she came in third place in her first triathlon!!! Isn't that awesome!!!!


Oh I almost forgot, my time was 1:39:01, not bad at all. I want to thank all my Lose It! buddies, your support is awesome!

Well, time to start another long work week. I am travelling to Vancouver this week so here I come jet lag.
That's all for now, be safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment