Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Week in Vancouver

This past week I had to travel on business to Vancouver, Canada. Traveling and trying to get my workouts in is always a struggle, not to mention all the food temptations. I was there for a course. I was thinking it might be a little downtime from the usual work stuff, but I was wrong. It ended up being really stressful. There were quizzes everyday and an exam at the end of the course. I spent the majority of the evenings studying. And the time zone issues!!! Being from the East Coast I had a really hard time with the time zone changes. I found myself wide awake at 3:30am each day I was there. After working out and eating breakfast I still had hours before my course started.


The good news is that Vancouver was a beautiful city. I was in a hotel right on the waterfront so I had easy access to the seawalk, a walking/running path along the waterfront. I had a few good runs there, very scenic. A few pictures from the waterfront are below.



I also got a little time on Saturday morning to visit Gastown. This is an area of the city that is mostly quaint little shops.  It also has a steam driven clock in the middle of the district.

On the weight loss front I had another great week. I lost 2.2 lbs this week, a great result considering the week of travel that I had. I was able to buy some new jeans, super cool. Here are a couple of new pictures of the new me.



Have a great week everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment