Monday, July 19, 2010

Why Does Everyone Get Older But Me?

If you have children isn't it amazing how quickly they grow up? We cleaned out a room in the house today that was predominately filled with old toys and stuffed animals from days gone by. It really wasn't that long ago but then again, maybe it was.

I am on vacation this week and we have some family activities planned. A couple of concerts in Toronto and also, can you believe it, university visits. My little girl has arranged visits at four of the universities around the Toronto area to get a feel for the "vibe" of the campuses. I mean, is this the same little girl that once played with the "stuffies" I just through out while cleaning out the room? Nah, must be someone else's kid.

At the same time my youngest son is heading into his first year of high school. He will likely really enjoy the experience but his mother and I may not live through it. The clothes need to be a little cooler now and we certainly can't be seen anywhere in his vicinity. Oh, and I forgot, I have somehow lost all intelligence over night. I figure I will get most of it back once he is looking for someone to pay for his university.

Here is a picture of the "baby".

 As far as the fitness regime is going, I have had a bad few days. With the travel I have done recently it has been difficult to stick with my regular routine. I did manage to get a 5k run in this morning in 29:40, so all hope is not lost. I just hope the remainder of the week will allow me some more exercise opportunities.

Hopefully all is going well with my blog followers!

That's all for this post!

1 comment:

  1. Cute kid Mike. Don't worry, you're not getting older, they're all just getting closer to your age ;) Good luck with your daughter in college and your son in high school! Those are both some fun, but expensive times!

    ReplyDelete