Sunday, June 24, 2012

Triathlon #3

Well I travelled up to Smiths Falls for my third triathlon of the season. For some reason I was VERY nervous about the swim in this race. I was playing head games with myself about whether I should wear the wetsuit or not. I scoped out the course and in the end decided to wear it. I was glad that I did as I had a goos swim. There were a couple points where I was kicked and hit but by far I was calmest I have ever been during a race swim. It was very hot during the race so the bike and the run were tough. I tried to conserve some energy during the bike but it didn't work as I ran out of energy during the run. My run time wasn't awful, but it could have been a lot better. So, after all that about my race, how did I do? I won my age group once again. I guess I can't complain about that now can I. I compete against myself primarily, and I was pleased with my race!

No comments:

Post a Comment