Monday, June 4, 2012

Another Move In

Well we got the keys to Brittany's new house on Friday afternoon. This is the place we hope she will be staying for the remainder of her University stay, hopefully 3 years. It is an older house that had three male students in it previously. IT was very dirty. It has a good layout, plenty of space for her and her two friends, but needs a good coat of paint. The landlord was very hestitant to allow us to do any painting. I think he has fears of hot pink going everywhere. We really just want to freshen up the walls, it would make a world of difference to the overall appearance of the house. We had Brittany pick a colour for her bedroom. She went with Malted Milk. It is a cream colour, almost white really. I was a little disappointed by it all. I was hoping that it would be a touch darker but not much I can do about it now. We spent Saturday and Sunday working on the painting of her room. When I say we I mean me and Jakie and Mom, Brit was too busy with her job. So it is Monday now, her room is completed. I think we will move on to the railings and stairs next. They are really dirty looking. Overall it will be a nice place once it is cleaned up some more. I hope her roomates like her!!! Stay Safe Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment