Sunday, May 20, 2012

Triathlon Completed!

Yesterday I completed my first triathlon of the season. I had competed in this same event last year so I was interested to see if my times had improved. Guess what, they did! I beat my previous time by about 4 minutes overall. That is an awesome improvement if I do say so myself. I ended up in second place, only 12 seconds out of first place. Now that hurt! Only 12 seconds! Looking back I certainly could have been 12 seconds faster if I had known I was that close to first place. Lesson learned for next time, leave everything out there, never assume I am out of the running.

It was a taper week for me so my training was limited. I did a few light rides, swims, and runs. I fear that the low calorie burn will show on the scale on Monday morning. But at this point, having a silver medal will cheer me up!!

Stay safe everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment