Sunday, March 25, 2012

Charity

What is it about helping others that creates a sense of fulfillment in ourselves. Whenever I feel down the easiest way to improve my mood is to get involved in some small way with helping others. Later this week I head to Belarus on a humanitarian aid trip. Me and a group of other caring individuals will be delivering food and other necessities to impoverished individuals in the contaminated zone of the Chernobyl disaster.

It will be a long trip across the Atlantic. I fly from Ottawa to New Jersey, from New Jersey to Warsaw, and then Warsaw to Minsk. From Minsk it is a four hour drive to the small town of Chausy. It has been eight years since I have been there. During my last trip I stayed on a collective farm. I had no running water of bathroom facilities and there was 6 of us in a one room house. Sounds awful right? Funny thing is it was a very fulfilling experience! I hope my upcoming trip has the same effect! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment