Saturday, February 18, 2012

Spring?

It is beginning to feel a lot like spring in my neck of the woods. It has been above freezing for a number of days now and most of the snow and ice has been melting. I have still been running on a treadmill indoors but I noticed a large running group outdoors today. Maybe it is time to get my cold weather gear out and do some cool spring running!

From a biking perspective there is still no way I would go outdoors, it is still to wet and cool. When you are doing 20mph on a bike with the wind in your face it can get really really cold!

I still would like to do more weight training to strengthen my overall fitness. I really only focus on cardio and I think weights would do me some good. My problem is that I am still a slave to my heart rate monitor and cardio just plain burns more calories. I know that maybe longer term a stronger overall body would enable me to burn higher overall calories but I can't get myself to believe that.

Kettle bell workouts maybe?

No comments:

Post a Comment