Monday, August 15, 2011

Completed Triathlon

Well I did it, I finished the race! I was really nervous about the swim portion, and rightfully so. There were so many people and the swim segement was so short that is was very congested. I don't think I took a full stroke for the entire swim. I was kicked, swum over, bumped, etc. On the second half of the swim I had a bit of a panic attack. I was GLAD to get out of the water. My transition from swim to bike was slow, I needed to get my composure back. The bike and the run both went ok. I was a little slower on the run than I would have liked, but overall things went ok. I did not get on the podium this time, but that was ok, there was some tough competition.

So now I have no events scheduled right now! I am looking at a 1/2 marathon in October. I still feel a little whipped from yesterday's Tri so my energy level to sign up for a 1/2 is not high right now!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment