Monday, July 9, 2012

OK, I am late!

Geeze, just when I think no one was reading my blog I am one day late posting and all the emails are coming in. "Where is your most recent update?" Well, here it is. It is good to know that some people are following the boring life of a 40 something guy with not mch to say. This past week was a busy one for me and the family. Brittany had her wisdom teeth out so that was interesting. Lots of drugs and nursing required, most from Jackie of course. I also was the co-organizer of a charity event this past Saturday. It was a poker run with Motorcycles. The event went well, we earned over $1000 for the charity which was great! We also learned a lot about how to run this kind of event, next year we will be even better!! I also competed in my fourth triathlon of the year yesterday. This one was north of Kingston in a town called Sydenham. It was a really tough course, particularly the bike portion. The hills were crazy big and it was windy as well. I bonked about 1/2 way through the run but still managed to get a second place. I continue to lead the overall standings for the Somersault Series for the year. I hope I can hold on to the lead all the way to October. Brittany and I are registered in another race next weekend in Carleton Place. I will need a break after that one as my body is tired, really tired.... Until next week, stay safe!!

No comments:

Post a Comment