Sunday, July 3, 2011

Reading

I have never really mentioned that I read lots of books. I used to be a fiction only guy but recently I have gotten into business books and other like that. I think it is important to continually learn about things that interest you and fiction just does not do that. Don't get me wrong, I still read some fiction, just not exclusively. So I have read about 20 books this year, most of them business related.

The book I just finished was called the Organic Manifesto by Maria Rodale. This was not a typical book I would read but Jillian Michaels recommended it so I figured I would read it. It was a very interesting book about all of the chemicals that are in our food today. It also touches on the politics involved by big business to continually push chemicals and GMOs. The final two chapters really hit me on how bad our situation really is, there are chemicals entering our bodies everyday via our food and water. I would recommend that others read this book as well, just to understand the risk. You may choose not to take action but at least you will increase your awareness. Oh, btw, those chemicals can limit your weight loss!!!

Be safe everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment