Friday, November 26, 2010

Still Struggling with Injury....

Injuries suck! After about 6 weeks since I first injured my knee it feels about as bad as it ever has. I thought at one point that it was getting better, but clearly it is not. I have been going to physiotherapy for about a month but I don’t think it is helping much. I am beginning to think that I might be headed towards a surgery, but hesitant to actually get that diagnosis. I can bike with no issues at all but the running just kills me. I had come so far with my running and I feel like I am going to slip big time with this injury.

I have been maintaining my weight for the most part. I have had lots of travel recently which has made eating more difficult. So in reality maintaining where I am is a victory. I am currently at 172.2 lbs, with a goal to get to 165. These last 8-10 lbs will be very difficult to achieve.

On to the pushup program, I am into week #4 of the program. The other day it had me do 160 push-ups, crazy, crazy, crazy. But guess what, I did it! Still not sure I will get to the 100 straight push-ups, which is the purpose of this program. I will just keep plugging along.

So Christmas is coming up quickly. With two teenage kids there is a good chance that I will be broke at the end of the remaining 4 weeks. Everything is so expensive, especially the electronics that all teens apparently require to survive. I guess I can’t complain as I am a gadget guy myself. Does everyone have a plan for how to avoid the food temptations over Christmas? It will be a difficult time.

Stay healthy everyone….

No comments:

Post a Comment