Wednesday, January 5, 2011

New Year - New goals

Happy New Year everyone! With the start of each new year it is always a good time to reflect on the previous year and set some goals for this upcoming year.

Last year was very good from a health and fitness perspective. That is what this blog has been all about! I lost 76 lbs in 2010. Wow, still hard to believe. It took lots of hard work but it has been worth it. I am proud. So what do I do now to make 2011 another fabulous year?

Weight goal - I still have 2.8 lbs to go to hit my goal. The last 10 has been rough so the final 2.8 is not a given. My first goal is to get rid of those final 2.8 lbs by the end of January.

Fitness Goals - Now this is the fun part! I will compete in two Duathons this year. I will also run my first 10k, and my first 1/2 Marathon. Obviously the 1/2 is a huge goal. Ginormous! Lots of training will be required for all of it, but I can do it. I have come this far, why stop now?

Btw, I have had four runs in a row now without knee pain!!! Yippeeee, let's hope it hangs on for all of 2011. Injuries and rehabilitation was a real downer in late 2010, I don't want to repeat that!!!

Be healthy everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment